Are your outdoor areas in need of a clean?
Are you considering doing it yourself?
Are you considering going to the local hardware store to buy yourself a pressure washer?
Before choosing which path to head down, following are some things to consider before making your decision.
As with choosing to do anything yourself, there are risks and benefits to walking the DIY path for maintaining your outdoor surfaces.
Initially the expenses may seem far less if you do it yourself rather than engaging a professional. For example; if your alfresco area is dirty, because the kids or your pets have been rolling in the mud, all it may need is a quick hose down with some warm soapy water and it’s looking fresh and clean again. Easy and cheap…great.
However, if the surface has a significant build-up of dirt and mud the cleaning process may be more difficult and the tools needed to make sure the area is cleaned properly become more specialised.
Before heading to the local hardware store to buy yourself a pressure cleaner, consider some of the risks of DIY’ing it;
- If the incorrect pressure is used, you may strip the surface of the area you are trying to clean e.g. Paint from the side of your house or damage the driveway by gouging out chunks of concrete.
- If you are using chemicals to clean up a spill you may do more damage if you use the wrong chemical or if the chemicals are not mixed/diluted correctly resulting in the possibility of eroding the surface you are trying to clean. You may even cause harm to your health or causing harm to your lawn and gardens.
The time it takes to clean the area(s) properly is also something to consider. For the area to receive a proper clean it may take hours of your time because you don’t have access to commercial grade equipment. Meaning you have to carve out a significant chunk of time from your routine to get the job done.
Why Should I use a Professional Service instead of Doing it Myself?
Although the cost may appear be higher, any work done is guaranteed and often a free follow-up (with-in a nominated timeframe) is offered as part of the cost so you can be certain the quality of the work is being upheld.
The time to clean a properly is greatly reduced; what may take you hours to clean on your own, may only take a trained professional 30 mins, making less of an impact on you schedule.
The professionals receive training in;
- The correct techniques to use for each specific surface type and area,
- The correct use of chemicals and making sure to use them safely so as not to harm the environment or the people in your home,
- Making sure the job is completed safely; whether it be cleaning your roof or ground level areas, and
- The correct commercial tools to get the job done right the first time
Making sure to regularly maintain your outdoor surfaces is a vital part of ensuring the longevity of the area(s) and will help you avoid expensive repair bills.
To speak with an experienced team of professionals about your outdoor surfaces, Prestige Pressure Washing are highly trained technicians who use a proprietary blend of products to give you the best clean for your outdoor surfaces.
To make a booking jump onto www.prestigepressurewashing.com.au and fill out the online booking form or call 1300 922 299 to speak to one of the team directly.